IRS-trained tax preparers will be available to assist members of the community with their 2010 tax returns and electronic filing at Valencia Community College. Through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, low- to moderate-income individuals and families (incomes of $60,000 and below), students, the elderly, the disabled and those who don’t speak or read English well can receive free tax assistance and electronic filing on the following dates:
East Campus – Feb. 12 & 26, Mar. 5 & 19, Apr. 2 & 9, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Bldg. 7, Rms. 113/117
Osceola Campus – Feb. 4, 18 & 25, Mar. 4 & 18, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Bldg. 3, Rm. 330
Volunteer tax preparers will provide assistance with completing the 1040EZ, 1040A or 1040 forms, along with schedules A, B, EIC and 2441 (childcare deduction). Any other returns must be approved in advance by calling the appropriate contact person at the location you plan to visit (listed below).
Those interested in getting tax help are asked to bring the following:
– All W-2s, W-2G and social security amounts
– 1099s, 1099R, Interest and Dividend Statements
– Documentation to show other income
– Total paid for daycare provider and daycare provider’s tax ID number
– Copy of last year’s return if available
– Social Security cards for you, your dependents and/or spouse
– Driver’s license or photo identification for you and your spouse
– Proof of bank account for direct deposit of refund (e.g., voided check)
For more information, contact Walter Martin at the East Campus at (407) 582-2849 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mabel Machin at the Osceola Campus at (407) 582-2291.
Valencia’s East Campus is located at 701 N. Econlockhatchee Trail in Orlando. The Osceola Campus is located at 1800 Denn John Lane in Kissimmee.