Valencia College accounting students and professors, in conjunction with the IRS VITA program, will be offering free tax help to the public on Saturdays during February, March and April of 2017 at the college’s East Campus.
The tax help is free and open to anyone, but preference will be given to senior citizens, the disabled and low-income individuals. The volunteer tax preparers will be e-filing (electronically filing returns) for free.
At East Campus, the tax sessions will be held on selected Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Building 7, rooms 113 and 117. The sessions will be held on Feb. 4, Feb. 18, Feb. 25, March 11, March 25, April 8, and April 15.
The East Campus is located at 701 N. Econlockhatchee Trail, Orlando. For more information about the East Campus tax preparation sessions, call 407-582-2849.
At Osceola Campus, the tax sessions will be held on the following Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Feb. 4, Feb. 18, March 4, March 18, April 8 and April 15.
The Osceola Campus is located at 1800 Denn John Lane, Kissimmee. The program will be held in Building 3, room 100.
Those interested in getting tax help are asked to bring the following:
- – All W-2, W-2G and Social Security forms
- – 1099s, 1099R, 1099 Misc, interest and dividend statements
- – Documentation to show other income
- – Total day-care costs and day-care provider’s tax ID number
- – Copy of last year’s tax return, if available
- – Social Security cards for you, your dependents and/or spouse
- – Driver’s license or photo ID for you and your spouse
- – Proof of bank account for direct deposit of refund (a voided check, for example)