Just in time for tax season – and as 2018’s federal tax reform laws take effect – Valencia College accounting students and professors will offer free tax preparation help to the public. The crew of volunteer tax preparers will be e-filing electronic returns for free at three Valencia College campuses, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., on select Saturdays in February, March and April. This service is open to the public, and preference will be given to senior citizens, the disabled and low-income individuals.
At Valencia College’s East Campus, the tax sessions will be held on Feb. 9 and 16; March 9; and April 6 and 13. The sessions will take place in building 7, rooms 113 and 117. The East Campus is located at 701. N. Econlockhatchee Trail, Orlando.
At the college’s Osceola Campus in Kissimmee, the tax sessions will be held on Feb. 2, 9 and 16; March 2 and 23; and April 6 and 13. The sessions will take place in building 3, room 100. The Osceola Campus is located at 1800 Denn John Lane, Kissimmee.
The college’s Winter Park Campus, located at 850 W. Morse Blvd, Orlando, will host a session on Feb. 23 in building 1, rooms 105 and 115.
Those interested in getting tax help are asked to bring the following:
- All W-2, W-2G and Social Security forms
- 1099s, 1099R, 1099 Misc, interest and dividend statements
- Documentation to show other income
- Total day-care costs and day-care provider’s tax ID number
- Copy of last year’s tax return, if available
- Social Security cards for you, your dependents and/or spouse
- Driver’s license or photo ID for you and your spouse
- Proof of bank account for direct deposit of refund (voided check, for example)
Please see the flier below for a list of the tax forms that volunteers will prepare. For more information on tax preparation sessions, call 407-582-2849.
# # #